Friday, February 10, 2017

Letter To Me - Day 2 of 30 Day Art Journal Class

Hi Friends,

As you all know, I have joined the free 30 Day Art Journal Prompt Challenge by Allyson Bright of "Determined To Shine". The day 2 prompt of the Art Journal Class was "Letter To Me" wherein we had to write a letter to our past self either reassuring us about something or some advice. Also, we could either write a complete letter or just focus on a few words or phrases for this ART Journal Page. 

I thought over this prompt for a very long time & I realised that I wouldn't like to give any advice or reassure myself about anything but would rather like to tell my past self what the future holds for me & how I should mould my life. I also decided that this page is going to serve as a boost to what I want to focus on my life from here on in future and incorporated those aspects in this letter too (except my professional life). 


Story Behind The Page:

  • I am very lazy. So 1st and foremost I want to focus on stop being lazy & get going & be active. However, I wanted to keep the page positive overall, and hence I have not used the biggest stamp for same
  • I want to be able to craft & create more in as many ways as possible
  • My lazyness has caused me to ignore my health. I would like to get back into a better health condition, eat well & exercise
  • Lastly, I wanted to send myself some love & remind myself that I should always love my family & friends
Here is the page:

  • I created the background using Gelatos
  • Then using various alphabet stamps from We R Memory Keepers and Concord & 9th and sentiment stamps from Peek-a-boo & and Technique Tuesday, I stamped various words with Archival Inks or Sakura Gel Pens
  • I added some highlights with white gel pen to bigger size words
  • And then used Inkadinkado Hearts stamp & archival inks roughly stamped in any blank spaces on the page 
Hope you all liked my "Letter To Me"

With Love,
Dr. Neha Sanwalka
Crafty Flirtations 


No comments:

Post a Comment